British Psychological Society Level A and Level B Certificates of Competence in Occupational Testing Singapore and Hong Kong Public Courses / Asia in-house training
PsyAsia International is pleased to offer public training for BPS Level A Occupational Testing and BPS Level B Occupational Testing in Singapore and Hong Kong. We have a strong reputation as Asia’s leading and most experienced psychometric assessment training provider. Training is provided by resident psychologists who are fully registered with professional practice boards. We do not bring in overseas facilitators to run training. What’s more, being psychologists, PsyAsia provides all the post-course support necessary ourselves – there is no need to send your queries outside of Singapore or Hong Kong or have a local non-psychologist representative “try” to give you the correct answer! More still, your money stays in Singapore or Hong Kong to fund the country and the wealth of its people! For more reasons to choose us for Psychometric Assessment Training, click here.
What is the BPS Level A Certificate of Competence in Occupational Testing?
It is a certification recognised internationally which demonstrates that the holder has a high level of competence in the foundation and theory of psychometric tests in general and the application and professional use of aptitude tests in particular. Our Level A course syllabus has the following learning objectives:
- Register with all UK test publishers and be able to purchase tests.
- Understand the range and types of tests available.
- When to use tests, and importantly – when not to.
- Decide which tests are appropriate for a particular situation.
- Conduct a job analysis and identify the assessment requirements.
- Have an appreciation of other assessment methods.
- Administer, score and interpret aptitude tests.
- Make informed decisions using test data.
- Provide quality feedback to clients and candidates.
- Integrate tests into a wider recruitment or assessment process.
- Have a sound grasp of statistical concepts used in testing.
- Appreciate the importance of test reliability and validity.
What is the BPS Level B Certificate of Competence in Occupational Testing?
It is a certification recognised internationally which demonstrates that the holder has a high level of competence in Psychometric Assessments of Personality. Our Level B course syllabus has the following learning objectives:
- Increase delegate’s awareness and understanding of individual differences between people.
- Integrate the use of personality assessments into selection and development activities.
- Decide which questionnaires are appropriate for particular situations.
- Administer, score and interpret personality data.
- Provide professional selection feedback to both candidates and recruiting customers.
- Coach individuals to develop their approach using personality information.
- Use personality questionnaire information to support structured interviewing.
- Critically assess the value of different tools for specific purposes.
- Identify and reject inflated claims of validity – so-called ‘Barnum’ or ‘horoscope’ effects.
- Relate personality factors to organisations’ core competencies.
- Design and write selection reports for recruiting clients / managers.
- Design and write development reports to aid self-awareness of clients / managers.
- Maintain appropriate records and data for audit, research and feedback purposes.
- Demonstrate professional Best Practice and compliance to employment legislation.
Who is the facilitator for the Level A and B Training?
Dr. Graham Tyler is an award-winning registered organisational psychologist and resident of both Singapore and Hong Kong. He is Executive Director of PsyAsia International, a university lecturer, a published author and a reviewer for the Journal of Personality and Individual Differences among other things. As a resident of Asia, he has a passion for Asia as well as for ensuring psychometric test competence in Asia. He was the first to bring regular BPS Level A and B training to Singapore and Hong Kong. His PhD focussed on psychometric assessment and performance at work in Asian organisations. You can read more about Dr.Tyler and his work here.
Psychometric Test Training Course Dates
To view published dates for any of our psychometric training courses, including the BPS Level A and B Certificates in Singapore and Hong Kong, kindly click here.
Training for the BPS Certificates of Competence in Occupational Testing outside of Singapore and Hong Kong?
If you are not in Singapore or Hong Kong and do not wish to travel to these places, you may wish to consider inviting us to run an in-house course for you. We have run in-house psychometric training in many places over the years, including Malaysia, China, India, Dubai, Qatar and Thailand. Additionally, we have a partner in the UK who runs public training in Gloucestershire and London and we accept bookings for their courses at our website. To view all published course dates please click here.
Frequently asked questions about PsyAsia’s Psychometric Assessment at Work Course
which leads to the BPS Level A and B Certificates
With our wealth of experience in running these courses, PsyAsia has built up a knowledgebase of FAQs over the years. Please view our <a href=”" mce_href=”" Psychometric Assessment Training FAQs here:
What if the BPS Level A and B Certification is not for me?
Sure, the course is hard work and it is a long course (6 days!). At the end of the course you will be extremely confident about test use and will be
able to order just about any aptitude test on the market. You will be qualified to use the Identity Personality Questionnaire and the Apollo Profile (provided you sit the free Apollo Exam). However, this particular course is not for everyone! In view of this, PsyAsia – as Asia’s leading psychometric test training organisation – provides a range of other options:
- Train online to use the Identity Self-perception Questionnaire
- Attend an Identity Accreditation Course
- Undergo a one day BPS Psychometric Test Administration Certification Course
- Whet your appetite to learn more about psychometric testing by enrolling in our free online training in psychometrics
Look out for our new modular training and live online learning coming late in 2009…another first from PsyAsia!
Article copyrght PsyAsia International Pte Ltd
Not to be posted on any non PsyAsia or Psychology1 Group Site